Many people go for antique furniture mainly because of the elegance and style it can make the atmosphere inside a house, office or other areas. Before buying and collecting antique pieces however, the collector of antiques should first be equipped with knowledge of where and how to shop. Here are some tips that people should be considered:
Where to buy
a. It is better to buy pieces of antique furniture shops sole proprietor or specialty stores in the old antique stores located in shopping malls. These offer a more personal service at a price more reasonable and affordable. Specialty stores also offer a wide selection of choices.
b. If the collector of antiques is in search of more affordable, the best places to go are flea markets and garage sales antique. Search flea markets or antique fair listings on the internet or in local print publications.
C. If the collector of antiques is after the old elements that are sold at highly discounted prices, he may choose to buy in sets or in bulk. It should also prefer to buy in the stores a single owner, where it can negotiate the price directly with the owner.
d. You can also opt to buy antique furniture pieces in auctions. This will give the collector of antiques with the possibility of registering the mark-up of most antique shops. However, make sure the auction house provides guarantees for its products.
What to check before buying the piece
a. Before purchasing antique furniture, it is preferable to examine the history of furniture. This background check includes the identification of its manufacturer, the year it was manufactured, the material used for its construction, its former owners, etc..
b. A thorough review process and schedule maintenance procedures previous room, the furniture should be made. Review at its last renovated or restored. Identify who has restored the piece and the process of restoration is applicable here. This is useful in assessing the state of the ancient coin.
C. A thorough and systematic inspection of the piece of antique furniture should be made to determine if this is in good condition. The furniture should also be examined to detect any obvious signs that may indicate an immediate need for restoration and refinishing in the near future. Check if there are worm holes on the surface of the workpiece. To examine whether there are visible marks on the surface saw at the back of the chest or under tables. It should also be exposed without cracks, scratches and other unsightly marks.
d. Careful consideration about the styles and designs and markings on antique piece must be made to determine if the former is a original piece or if it’s just a reproduction. Examine the size of surfaces and advice on tables and dressers. Examine the nails and pieces of wood that were used in the room and make the link with the history of furniture construction. Check the secondary wood is visible across the surface of the furniture or the interior of the drawers.
- Rick Owens “To Pop A Boner” Furniture Exhibition | Selectism.com
- U.S. Congress: Speaker Asks House Officials to Explore Skype Use …
- Electrode Surface Texture: Key to Using Less Platinum in Methanol …
- Centsational Girl » Blog Archive » Style At Home
- Somali-Canadians getting piece of pirates' ransom pie …
- Mr. Norm's Garage unveils Collector Series Sox & Martin Hemi Cuda
- NYU Local • Your Favorite Sites, Geocities Style
- Collector asks Jon Hann
- Industry Talk: Best Value Versus Lowest-Price Technically …
- Matthew Yglesias » The Falling Price of Computing Power
- Dendreon Sets Provenge Price at $93000, Says Only 2000 People Will …
- Uni Dist Corp Collector
- Buy Cheap Apollo Precision Tools DT9411 79-Piece Tool Kit « US …
- Faber Recalls Certain FSV Specialty Vehicles
- Boldly Going: The Gamesters of Triskelion/A Piece of the Action …
- thejetsblog.com » Link: Does Wilson Know What He's In For?
- thejetsblog.com » Link: Short Trip to a Long Snap?
- thejetsblog.com » Link: FanHouse ReDrafts the 2007 Class
- Read a fantastic piece on why designer products cost what they do …
- Wellington, South Africa Wedding by Jan Hendrik | Style Me Pretty …